Blood Red and Lingerie

My brother and sister celebrated their 31st birthday a few days ago (yes, they’re old, and yes they’re twins!), and as customary Chinese tradition dictates, we wear red, the color of happiness and celebration. I wanted to dress up because it was a big day, but I didn’t want to look like everyone else in a plain red top and jeans. So instead of going for a bright red blouse or dress, I opted for the warmer fall staple: Burgundy instead, and wore it as a skirt.

To keep things interesting and glamorous, I took out my beautiful Wacoal corset and wore it as a top instead. Boudoir after all is such a great style, and I love how the nude and burgundy complemented each other. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I love wearing corsets when I wear maxi skirts, palazzo pants or any voluminous bottom piece because it keeps me looking balanced and glamorous, never sloppy. Plus, I don’t encounter problems like my shirt untucking out of my bottoms (don’t you hate it when that happens?) or finding the right underwear to wear under my dressy top, because it’s a two-in-one thing! Thank God Wacoal has such an amazing selection of corsets that you can easily transform into both innerwear and outerwear! In fact, I even wore another Wacoal corset in my Halloween costume, and it looked and felt so great!

I’m also currently loving this sleek watch I got from Daniel Wellington. There’s such an interesting story behind this brand too! The company ‘s founder, Flip Tysander, met Daniel Wellington on the British Isles and was so enamored by his gentlemanly yet unpretentious personality reflected by how he wore his Rolex watch on a worn out Nato strap that he got from his years at the  British Army. When he went back home, he created the brand inspired by his new friend hoping that whenever someone wants to project that preppy, classy yet down to earth vibe, DW will be the first things on their minds. Cool, huh? If you want to buy a watch from them, you can enter the code “Thirsty” and get a big discount!

What do you think about this look?

Wacoal corset, Daniel Wellington watch, Moms rings, Zara sandals, Covetz skirt, Call It Spring belt

62 Responses to Blood Red and Lingerie

1. Anna says:

I love this look. Do you know if Wacoal ships internationally?

2. cathy says:

I love the pretty nude necklace! (:
    x
    Win a Gold Peter Pan Collar Necklace here!
    x
    Check out my recent outfit post:

3. Melissa says:

I adore this look! Beautiful, dear.

<3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

4. Kristine says:

So pretty Kryz! <3

Visit my online shope at
    For affordable arm candies and clothing.
    Thank you! :)

5. mk says:

how much is that wacoal corset?

6. LOVE these colors together! This look is so romantic and I love all things romantic I must say! Lovely as always! :)

I just posted my first post on Chictopia.com if you could follow me that would be awesome and if anyone else on here could follow me I would love that! Thanks :)

7. Charisse Roa says:

Perfect color combination! You look great, Miss Kryz! ;)

8. U look unbelievable!! like a princess ;)

9. Aliyah says:

love this look!! :) <3
    You always look amazing!!

I saw maxi skirts in WAGW but couldn't find one in burgundy :(

I find wearing maxi skirts difficult to pull-off…I'm pretty short just 5ft and I'm afraid of looking shorter..any tips?

10. Joyce says:

Hi Kryz, can I wear this look on a semi-formal event?

11. Jenna says:

Love the colour of your skirt!

12. KC says:

Ms. Kryz, do you think i can wear this on a wedding event?