How To: Cut and Style your Sinulog T-shirts!

Sinulog (Cebu’s biggest festival/street party) is right around the corner, and a lot of us know what that entails! Paint, street party, paint, people, dancing, paint, beer, sweat and a lot more paint! I normally advise my friends flying in for the festival to wear a shirt they never want to wear out again (because of the paint, duh!) but then I found an even better alternative- Island Souvenirs! They’ve been around for ages, and they have the best touristy shirts that we can all spruce up to fit our personal style! Here are a few ways you can  you can cut and style your Sinulog tees (courtesy of the amazing Islands Souvenirs)!

1. The simple Off-Shoulder Top:

2. Braided Halter Top:

3. Cropped Tank Top:

4. Cropped Tie-Knot top:

5. T-shirt Weave Top:

Easier to follow video instruction on t-shirt weaving here.

6. Three Weave back Top:

7. Fringe Bottom Top:

Hope you found these DIY tips useful! Grab your shirts at the nearest Island Souvenir shop near you! Viva Pit Senyor, and see you on the streets, Cebu!

102 Responses to How To: Cut and Style your Sinulog T-shirts!

1. joann says:

wow, from ordinary shirts to fashionable ones! u’r such a fashion genius! thanks for sharing!

2. Christine says:

Will try this out with my old T-shirts!

3. Great ideas! i will try some out definitely :)

4. Fantazja says:

Thank you thank you thank you ! I know finally how I may create something special with my old skirts !

5. aiyrissh mayrrei says:

great ideas!! perfect! will definitely try this out… *_*

6. erika says:

SUPER PERFECT! you’re a genius! mayta mgkita tah nig Sinulog *finger’s crossed*

7. Me and my bff’s used to recreate clothes like these. But youve executed better… this is your best blog post ever, though i also loved all of your posts, but this is something i enjoyed a lot. Thnx! keep it up …

8. Kath Torres says:

Your DIY shirts are so cool! You did a great job. Now thinking of buying more shirts and make them look like these :)

9. kaz says:

Hi ms Kryz!
    Where did you get ur pink animal print shorts in this post? Tnx! :)

10. Renamae Dumapias says:

WOAH!!!! thanks a lot SUPER!!!! this will help me use my souvenir shirts differently… ahaha

11. Rhea says:

This post is awesome! I am a huge fan!

12. Micah Gatus says:

I love the Fringe Bottom Top and the Cropped Tie-Knot top! so cool :)

13. Cheska Aranas says:

Are those skirts or dresses that you wore with Fringe Bottom Top and Cropped Tie-Knot top? What other bottoms can you suggest wit those tops :)

14. Marie Lao says:

Hi Ms. Kryz. Where did you buy the blue pumps? Were you the one who thought of these such great ideas? I know you are. :) I just want to say that you’re so great. God bless. :)

15. Pingback: How To: Cut and Style your Sinulog T-shirts! By: KRYZ UY | iamsarahann02