Just thought I’d repost one of my favorite summer looks before the season finally ends.
I remember rushing to finish sewing the hems of my skirt before I left the house that day. This outfit flew me from Cebu to Manila to finish packing up my stuff. I went to Shang with my cousin and bought the awesome floral brooch/bracelet in the pictures above. I also remember wanting to check out the Rustan’s fire sale at Shang, but being discouraged by the bajillion shop-crazy mom’s in line at the counter. In between shopping and coffee, I met the lovely Tricia Gosingtian in this outfit too. She was shooting people in the mall for the Johnson’s Soft Skin campaign, and she took these photos of me. I also met a group of chefs (young and old, haha) who took my cousin and I to a steakhouse, where we sat, ate, and waited for their American friend who thought Shangrila was in Quezon City.
I love looking at old photo’s and remembering the exact course of events that happened. Strangely, its not so much the picture that helps me remember, but the outfit I wore that day. Probably one of the reasons why I love dressing up, and why I’d never be caught dead in a “shirt-jeans-slippers” combination when no reason calls for it!
Today was filled with very diverse events.
2. Hot flash/mood swings because its that time of the month.
3. Visit the new church of Jesus Christ of the latter day saints. Its a huge monument near my house, and its absolutely amazing. Rumors say that the best of everything was used to construct the temple, no matter what the cost. Tomorrow is their last day of opening it up for the public to see. After that, they dedicate the place, and only “worthy” people are allowed inside. It was fun walking around the place with plastic over our shoes (they had kids kneel down and wrap it around our feet before we entered!) I suggest you go see it, if you still haven’t. Totally worth it! Although my outfit was kind of screaming “i dont belong”, as all the other women were dressed in long skirts and polos.
4. Coffee and cake with old ballet friends.
5. Surprise and kind-of-forced casting call for a modeling agency in the middle of the Mall. I declined twice, but eventually was forced to parade my ass back to their little set up and get myself recorded. TOTALLY embarrassing.
6. Argue with a mother for getting the last loaf of wheat bread on the shelf.
Yes, my day was as random as this outfit.
WAGW Pre Fall 2010 Collection
June 5, 2010 at WAGW ONLINE
Model: Katrina Cielo Ramirez
Styling: Kryz Uy
Photo: Raleene Cabrera
Hair and Make Up: Pops Capul
Assisted by: Gillian Uang