Crepey texture has been likened to aging skin since it has many lines and wrinkles, and it’s inelastic.
Whether you’re in your 20s or 50s, it’s not too early to fight the signs of aging.
Skin cells will ultimately lose their collagen, but we can do something to delay the effects!
Whether you have acne-prone or dry skin, these best lotions for crepey skin will surely keep you looking youthful!
The ingredients listed here were carefully chosen to give your skin intensive treatment and fight crepe paper-like texture.
10 Best Lotions for Crepey Skin
Crepe Erase Intensive Body Repair Treatment
One of the reasons mature skin looks the way it does is because of the dryness. Thus, moisturizing is very important if you want to avoid looking older.
If you’re looking for the best body lotion to smooth your crepey skin, the Crepe Erase is the way to go.
- With 7 plant-based super hydrators, your skin will lock in moisture and heal fast.
- The active ingredients include shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax. These help the skin get rid of the dryness that comes with crepey skin. They also make sure that fine lines are taken care of.
Use this product early on! While it can be beneficial for mature skin, its benefits will be much more evident when you start young.
You can use this lotion all over your body. The formula is also wonderful for winter because of its thick texture.
Some users, however, don’t like the smell of this lotion. And it can be greasy especially when it’s humid out.
The benefits definitely still outweigh the discomfort though.
- Has super hydrators that include shea butter and coconut oil
- Locks in moisture for younger-looking skin
- Uses plant-based ingredients that help lessen collagen and elastin degradation
- Has a strong smell
Gold Bond Ultimate Strength and Resilience Skin Therapy
Best for Mature Skin
As we grow older, our skin loses lipids and proteins. The epidermis also becomes thinner.
This makes it harder for the skin to retain moisture, resulting in crepey skin.
The Gold Bond Ultimate Strength and Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion is infused with moisturizers and proteins that help replenish what was lost.
- Despite having deeply moisturizing ingredients, this body lotion has a very light formulation, making it comfortable to use even during hot days.
- Users particularly love how fast the skin absorbs this lotion.
- Because of its gentle formulation, it can be used for the face as well.
While Gold Bond is specially formulated for mature skin, this is still one of the best body lotions that can benefit even younger users.
It does not have added fragrance, so it works well even for those with sensitive skin.
- Provides deep moisturizing effects
- Light formulation
- Not for those with oily skin
Diva Stuff Extreme Crepey Skin Body & Face Cream
Best for Dry Skin
One of the best ways to counter dryness and avoid wrinkly, saggy skin is by drinking lots of water and using a good body lotion.
This particular lotion for crepey skin contains a lot of anti-oxidizing and moisturizing ingredients that help revive the skin from dryness.
It contains collagen, olive oil, honey, hyaluronic acid, and AHA as well. All of which are effective anti-aging ingredients!
- Olive oil is a powerful antioxidant
- Hyaluronic acid is a common ingredient in beauty products that effectively hydrates locks the moisture in the skin.
These are both good ingredients to look for when you are experiencing dryness.
The Diva Stuff Extreme Crepey Skin Cream is the best body lotion for dry and crepey skin. You can also use this on the face for spot treatment.
Just remember not to apply it all over the face if you have oily or acne-prone skin. It could cause more shine and aggravate your acne.
- Contains olive oil, hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, and AHA to keep skin firm and hydrated
- Not for acne-prone skin
Medix 5.5 Retinol Cream
Vitamin A is a power ingredient that reverses the effects of aging.
This is why the Medix 5.5 Retinol Cream uses a vitamin A derivative to combat crepey skin.
- This cream can be used for the face, as well as the body.
- The formulation is also quite thick, which is great for colder months. However, you may have a problem with this cream if it’s more humid out.
- It contains shea butter that is quite thick on its own and prioritizes moisture to make the skin look plumper.
Some users shared that the smell may be a bit too strong. But nonetheless, its combination of retinol and shea butter make it an effective anti-aging lotion for crepey skin!
- Contains shea butter and aloe vera
- Has retinol that contains anti-aging properties
- Has a subtle candy-like scent
- Thick and oily formulation
- The pump is hard to control
This is another anti-aging lotion specially designed for mature skin. If you have fine lines and suffer from crepey skin, this product from TreeActiv is worth a try.
- It’s rich in essential oils like olive, coconut, and shea oils. Essential oils have the ability to even out skin tone and minimize the appearance of wrinkles so you enjoy more benefits from the formula.
- It also contains hyaluronic acid that retains moisture in the face, neck, and body.
With the combined action of the natural ingredients, this product promises to soften lines and improve the overall skin tone.
This can be used safely all over the body, including the face and neck.
With daily use, this lotion can take your skin from crepey to plump in just a few weeks because of its natural ingredients combined with the trustworthy hyaluronic acid.
On this note, it’s good to remember that this product tends to separate because of the nature of the ingredients.
- Boosts collagen production
- Contains antioxidants, essential oils, and minerals
- Improves skin elasticity
- Prone to separation because of the natural ingredients
Voibella Advanced Anti-Aging Neck Firming Cream
If you have saggy skin or wish to prevent it, this neck firming cream from Voibella may help you out.
With organic ingredients like jojoba oil, retinol, and green tea extract, this neck cream works wonders for mature, sagging, and crepey skin.
- The jojoba oil content contributes to the suppleness of the skin.
- Green tea extract helps with fine lines.
- Retinol boosts elastin and collagen.
Many users reported that the neck cream had significant effects on their skin after just a few weeks.
Those with more noticeable wrinkles may need to apply it twice daily. With continued use, the cream can do wonders for your neck.
Although this product is marketed mainly for women, men can benefit from this cream as well.
In fact, even those who are younger can get the early protection the skin needs with this cream.
- Significant results can be seen with crepey skin in just a few weeks
- The texture is smooth but not greasy
- Contains natural and organic ingredients
- The product comes out in very tiny amounts
PH Factor 5.5 Retinol Cream
This retinol cream does more than provide the necessary nourishment of the skin.
It maintains the proper pH level of the skin, which is found to be at 5.5.
- The skin is naturally acidic so that it can protect itself from bacteria and other aggressors.
- When kept at this ideal level, the skin can fight off acne-causing factors, keeping the skin smooth and pimple-free.
This cream is able to do this with the retinol and ferulic acid that help prevent crepey skin.
It’s no secret that retinol offers a lot of skin benefits. It exfoliates and helps in the production of collagen.
Ferulic acid, on the other hand, is best known for reducing wrinkles and boosting the effects of antioxidants.
This cream also has other natural components such as aloe vera and chamomile, which help in preventing acne and hastening skin healing.
- Keeps the pH of the skin at its ideal level
- Contains caviar rich in omega 3 fatty acids
- Contains collagen to help with skin elasticity
- The smell may not be pleasant for some users
- Has greasy feel
Rosen Apothecary Anti-Aging Retinol Lotion
Here is another product that has retinol, proving once again that the vitamin A derivative is helpful in keeping the skin looking young and preventing crepey skin.
This body lotion for crepey skin is composed of three main ingredients that help the skin look nourished: retinol, argan oil, and caffeine.
- Argan oil not only helps treat acne but also protects the skin from sun damage. Since crepey skin can happen by too much exposure to the sun, this body lotion is a good first line of protection. Argan oil also has anti-aging effects and helps the skin heal faster.
- Caffeine, on the other hand, is famous for constricting blood vessels when applied topically. This means it can help diminish puffiness. Caffeine is good for those pesky wrinkles and cellulite, which makes it an overall good ingredient for preventing crepey skin.
It should be noted, however, that this lotion is not suitable for those with sensitive skin.
Some users find the formula irritating, so it’s good to test with a sample first before you commit to the big bottle.
- Contains retinol, argan oil, and caffeine
- Not for sensitive skin
The Replenix cream formulation is strong enough to deliver significant results to those with mature skin.
But it is also good for those of you who don’t really have skin problems yet.
There are a number of key ingredients in this cream.
- The main one being Biomimetic Ceramide Complex that aid in improving the skin texture and overall appearance.
- Infused with niacinamide and vitamin E, this cream delivers great results to the target area.
Unfortunately though, this is not recommended for other areas of the body such as the face.
- Contains Leontopodium Alpinum Callus Culture Extract, an antioxidant that prevents sagging
- Has Vitamin E and Biomimetic Ceramide Complex
- Specifically designed for the neck
- Non-greasy formulation
- New formulation has an unpleasant smell for some
InstaNatural Crepe Skin Firming Cream
When it comes to fighting signs of aging, neck area is definitely a priority. After all, it’s where crepey skin is most evident.
This InstaNatural cream is specially formulated for the decollete and neck, to keep the skin in that area from sagging over time.
- It does not use any parabens, mineral oil, or synthetic dyes in the manufacturing process either!
- The cream also has some of the best moisturizing ingredients including shea butter and hyaluronic acid.
- It even has collagen to help replenish lost moisture and repair the skin.
It is worth noting, however, that this cream is not for face application. It’s limited for use on the neck and decollete.
- Boosts cell turnover using glycolic acid and hyaluronic acid
- Contains caffeine and collagen to improve skin elasticity
- Free from mineral oil
- Cannot be used on the face
- Has a strong scent
Characteristics and Causes of Crepey Skin
Crepey skin resembles crepe paper in a lot of ways-inelastic, wrinkled, and thin.
This skin characteristic usually shows when we reach our 40s. But it’s also common in some people in their 20s due to lifestyle choices and genetics.
Crepey skin is often accompanied by liver spots and red capillaries, especially in those who are older.
So what causes crepey skin besides aging?
- Skin becomes crepey mainly because of sun damage.
- Those who frequent tanning beds are more likely to develop this kind of skin even in the early stages. This is because UV radiation causes collagen to break down, resulting in thin, wrinkled skin.
- Gaining and then losing a significant amount of weight could also lead to crepey skin. The extra skin abandoned by fats during weight loss tends to be inelastic and wrinkled.
- Another cause is not having balanced and healthy meals. Those who don’t enjoy eating antioxidant-rich foods are more prone to crepey skin.
With daily exposure to free radicals, our skin needs to have more antioxidants to combat the adverse effects.
Antioxidants also repair sun damage and help reduce the appearance of scars.
How to Prevent Crepey Skin
Crepey skin is almost inevitable since our body naturally loses collagen as we grow older.
This can make us look much older than we actually are, especially if we have crepey skin on our face, neck, and arms.
We can still do useful measures to delay its effects though!
One way is to use a good moisturizer specially formulated for crepey skin.
These products are often rich in the following ingredients:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Hyaluronic acid
These three provide the skin enough moisture to keep it from looking too thin.
The lotions recommended above can help with this problem, especially when used daily.
Another important thing to remember is that sun damage is one of the biggest contributors to crepey skin.
- As such, you should limit sun exposure to the minimum.
- Stay in the shade and wear sunscreen every day, even when you’re not planning to go out.
Maintaining a healthy weight can also prevent premature crepey skin.
- To avoid stretching the skin out too much, watch what you eat and stick to a healthy amount when having a meal.
- Even if you can lose the weight over time, if it has stretched out the skin too much, you’ll end up with sagging skin.
Another thing most people forget is that overdrying the skin can lead to wrinkles.
- We all want that squeaky clean feeling after the shower, but using products that are too drying can lead to adverse skin effects.
- It’s best to go for products formulated for sensitive skin because they tend to be gentler.
Ingredients to Look for to Prevent Crepey Skin
There are certain products and ingredients that help in preventing crepey skin. They help make the skin firmer and prevent signs of aging.
If you’re on the hunt for the best lotion for crepey skin, it’s good to have some of these ingredients in mind.
Antioxidants such as vitamin C, retinol, and niacinamide aid the skin in maintaining elasticity and recovering from photodamage.
- Vitamin C, in particular, is great for boosting collagen production and reducing the appearance of dark spots.
- On the other hand, if wrinkles are your main problem, using products with niacinamide can be very helpful. These antioxidants help reduce fine lines and hyperpigmentation. It’s also known as vitamin B3.
- When it comes to premature aging, one of the best things to combat this is retinol.This vitamin A derivative has small molecules that can easily penetrate into the skin. It accelerates cell renewal and smooths out fine lines.
While you can eat foods rich in antioxidants to get these benefits, it doesn’t hurt to supplement it with beauty products which can help boost the effects.
Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA)
Alpha hydroxy acids are common ingredients in beauty products because of their ability to gently exfoliate and brighten the skin.
Just like vitamin C, they boost collagen production and as a result, reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
AHAs also help protect the skin from sun damage and help treat acne!
If you’re looking for alpha hydroxy acids in your product, the most common forms include glycolic and lactic acid.
These help skin cells become more nourished despite everyday aggressors.
While AHAs are beneficial to the skin, they work mainly on the surface.
Salicylic acid, on the other hand, is a form of beta hydroxy acid. It is designed to penetrate the skin deeper and repair the skin from the inside.
The fact that it is oil-soluble makes it easier to do its task too.
Salicylic acid is great for those with acne-prone skin and is one of the best ingredients for treating breakouts.
It exfoliates the skin gently, making it easier to fix clogged pores and acne.
For those with crepey skin, this ingredient has been shown to diminish wrinkles over time, making it one of the best at keeping the skin looking young longer.
Crepey skin is a sign of either old age or lack of proper skincare.
Whether you’re looking for the best body lotion or the best neck firming cream, it’s important to remember to look into the ingredients list to make sure every component is safe and effective for your skin type.
When it comes to the best body lotion for preventing crepey skin, the Crepe Erase – Intensive Body Repair Treatment is the best on this list.
Packed with plant-based hydrators, this lotion takes care of the whole body to slow down the aging process brought about by dryness.
For those with mature skin, you can’t go wrong with the Gold Bond Ultimate Strength and Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion, which can also be used all over the body.
It is specially formulated for those with a thinning epidermis, so this is a truly powerful lotion for crepey skin prevention.
We hope that this article helped you. It’s time to say goodbye to crepey skin!
September 6, 2021 – Updated article formatting and content
July 26, 2021 – Updated meta title
July 21, 2021 – Reviewed and updated article links