Ever since the Kylie Jenner lip craze, women worldwide made it their quest to make their lip shape PLUMP.
Whether it’s through surgery or makeup, women have a few tricks up their sleeve on how to achieve the look.
Today, we’ll explore the different ways on how to change lip shape NATURALLY.
If you want to explore different lip shapes, check this out!
Bring Out That Pout: Improve the Shape of Your Lips
Thanks to makeup, you can now achieve PLUMP and JUICY-looking lips.
Some makeup tutorials might intimidate you, but we won’t.
We’ll make sure you’ll find a lot of success in this guide!
Basic Things to Help Achieve Your Look
To make sure everything goes smoothly, here’s what you’ll need.
- Lip Primer – Use a primer to prep your lips for hydration.
- Gel Hydrator – To keep your lips hydrated. We don’t want them dry and chapped for this project.
- Makeup Concealer – Make sure to choose the right concealer shade for your skin tone.
- Lip Pencil and Lip Color – If you’re looking for a natural look, we recommend going for a natural lip color or a slightly darker color. But if you’re feeling adventurous and creative, any color is fine.
- Makeup Sponge or Brush – You’ll use this blend on all the products later on.
- Mirror – To see that beautiful and gorgeous face of yours, of course!
Painting Your Lips Bigger: Boosting Your Lip Shape
Once you’ve got everything ready, it’s time to get started with your masterpiece.
It takes some trial and error and practice to perfect the look, so you need to be patient.
Step 1: Prepare Your Canvas
Similar to painting, you want to prepare your canvas. And in this case, it’s your lips.
Make sure it’s CLEAN.
You don’t want any lipstick or too much makeup residue or anything similar to it.
Hint: You can use a lip scrub or exfoliator to get rid of any dry and chapped patches.
Step 2: Appreciating Your Canvas
Now that you’ve prepped your lips, it’s time to look at its shape and appreciate it for all it is.
From the outer corners to your cupid’s bow, aren’t your lips beautiful? They’re naturally red and plump on their own!
For this step, look at your upper lip and bottom lip and check which areas you want to look fuller.
Remember: You’re not over-lining your entire lip. You still want to make your lips look natural.
Step 3: Line Your Lips
You’ve finally identified the area you want to work on. GREAT!
The next few steps mostly follow the standard American makeup.
If you want to try a more toned down look, you can always learn some new techniques.
- It’s time to get started with drawing a line OUTSIDE your natural lip line, beginning with the outer corners.
- AVOID using darker colors that are way too off from your lip liner because it will make your lips appear flat.
You might feel a little nervous about this step, and it’s okay!
If you cannot do your lip line perfectly on your first try, you can always do it again. No pressure!
Step 4: Fill in the New Shape
Once you’re comfortable with the line you’ve made, it’s time to fill in the lines so that it connects with your natural lip line.
Using your lip liner, start with the top lip and make your way to the outer edges.
Be careful not to fill it TOO DARK. Just make small smooth strokes so you can still put lipstick on top of it later on.
Step 5: Applying Lipstick
If you’re happy with your lips, it’s time to add the final product: your lipstick!
- Make sure to choose a lip color that’s close to your natural shade or your lip liner to tie up the whole look.
- You can choose a matte or shiny lipstick, it’s up to you!
- Just make sure your lip liner is FULLY COVERED, so no one sees any evidence on your lip lines of what you’ve just done.
- Top of it off with your favorite lip balm or clear lip gloss, and you’re all set.
Step 6: Check Yourself Out
And voila! You’ve got plumper and fuller lips to boast.
Check yourself out in the mirror and admire the superb job you’ve done! You’re a masterpiece!
Add some highlighter on top of your cupid’s bow to make your lips more defined! And you can also reapply your clear lip gloss, as needed.
Self-Care is the Best Care: Natural Ways to Change Your Lip Shape
If you’re not a fan of applying makeup, you can always opt out of this option.
There are other and more natural ways of changing your lip shape to make them look SOFT, PLUMP, and JUICY!
And the best part of it all, you don’t need any expensive products to do the trick. In fact, you can even DIY some of the products yourself!
Exfoliate Your Lips
Exfoliating your lips should be part of your beauty regimen. It’s pretty EASY and SIMPLE to do!
The whole process won’t even have to take an entire 10 minutes!
If you’ve got time to spare, you can make your lip exfoliator at home!
- With one teaspoon of honey or coconut oil and two teaspoons of brown sugar, you’ve got one effective exfoliator.
- Gently rub the mixture in a circular motion, and voila!
The sugar particles help remove all the dead skin and dry patches while the honey moisturizes your lips. Yum!
Not to mention, exfoliating your lips also boosts circulation in your mouth. Plus, it’ll help you get a smoother base when applying matte lipstick.
Use a Natural Lip Plumper
Using lip plumper or lip treatment is always a great idea if you want to achieve plumper lips WITHIN MINUTES.
You can also use some hyaluronic acid serums to achieve full lips.
In addition to this, don’t forget to use sun protection on your lips. You can use zinc oxide powder to help you.
If there’s one effective way out there that can naturally help your lips, it’s staying hydrated.
And the only way to do it is if you DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.
Nothing beats the wonder of drinking water. Even makeup can’t rival its effects!
This advice is one of the most effective and tried and tested secrets out there. Not only will it do wonders for your lips, but also your skin and body.
Lip Exercises That Actually WORK!
Makeup too expensive? Too tired to commute or drive to your favorite makeup artist?
Try these lip exercises then! It only takes between 3 to 6 minutes!
You're Now Your Own Makeup Artist!
Well, almost. You’re 1/3’s there!
With your new plump lips, you’re ready to pout right in front of the camera and flaunt what you have!
We hope you enjoyed this article! Feel free to give it a like and share it with your friends.
We’re sure they’ll have a lot of fun making their lips look great.
August 16, 2021 – Updated video format
August 5, 2021 – Updated article formatting and content
July 19, 2021 – Updated article links
July 13, 2021 – Reviewed and updated article links